Saturday 15 October 2011

My needs and Rugby

In this blog I am looking at how me playing rugby fits my needs. To answer this I need to think about what would I do if rugby wasn't an option for me and how I would be affected without it.
I would need another means of exercise as rugby is a big part of keeping me physically fit. Without rugby i would probably be running in circles around a paddock with a whole lot of unused energy board out of my mind. Rugby encourages me to exercise more now. I need to exercise/get fit in order to put in the best effort for my team. Without rugby I wouldn't have a connection with my team mates/friends that I have made through the sport. I find it a need to meet new people and playing rugby encourages this by meeting a different group of people every year. I have my dad encouraging me and watching me. It gives him and my family a reason to come and visit me which means a lot to me. It is a need for me to have a common interest that my family and I share as it drags them to me otherwise there is no need for them to travel 4 plus hours just to see me for a while. The other weekend when my family was down to watch me, I injured myself in the warm up and I was upset with myself as I felt like I needed to play for them.

So a need is

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you described youself as " running in circles around a paddock with a whole lot of unused energy board out of my mind". Do you think you put too much pressure on yourself when your family are watching? Just something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pleased that you are able to connect with people through this sport! Obviously this is an important aspect in life, pleased for you that you are able to do this through rugby

    ReplyDelete